This set was originally intended for the “quiet” room of an art and music event that happened in Berkeley. As it turns out, I was too busy with the logistics of the event to make my appearance in said quiet room.
A couple of years later, when a friend generously lent me their 1200s and a mixer, I jumped on the opportunity to finally execute this mix. I added a discman and another cd player to handle any digital to digital transitions, and I went for it.
This was a Christmas gift to my three bandmates a few years ago. I still listen to it on occasion. I hope you enjoy it.
stream: [su_audio url=”http://edmondcho.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/quiet_mix.mp3″ width=”200px”]
download: quiet_mix.mp3 (71.47MB)
- Standing Waves – Stuart Dempster
- mäander I – Ekkehard Ehlers
- Concret P-H II – Iannis Xenakis
- Optical Flow – Rafael Toral
- track c from mikro makro – Ø
- as far as the eye can see – Oren Ambarchi
- A Clearing of Deadness at One Hoarse Pool – Nicolas Collins
- Do you know how to waltz? – Low
- Come Out – Steve Reich
- Quiet Mind – Rafael Toral
- period – Jonathan Coleclough
- Bubaran Hudan Mas – Pura Paku Alaman Jogyakarta
- Plux Quba – Nuno Canavarro
- Drumming: part II – Steve Reich
- Kuvio 3 – Philus
- Aerial – Rhythm and Sound
- root + rivulet – Rehash
- folk song for cello – savath + savalas
- Yulquen – Autechre