This set was originally intended for the "quiet" room of an art and music event that happened in Berkeley. As it turns out, I was too busy with the logistics of the event to make my appearance in said quiet room.
A couple of years later, when a friend generously lent me their 1200s and a mixer, I jumped on the opportunity to finally execute this mix. I added a discman and another cd player to handle any digital to digital transitions, and I went for it.
This was a Christmas gift to my three bandmates a few years ago. I still listen to it on occasion. I hope you enjoy it.
download: quiet_mix.mp3 (71.47MB)
- Standing Waves - Stuart Dempster
- mäander I - Ekkehard Ehlers
- Concret P-H II - Iannis Xenakis
- Optical Flow - Rafael Toral
- track c from mikro makro - Ø
- as far as the eye can see - Oren Ambarchi
- A Clearing of Deadness at One Hoarse Pool - Nicolas Collins
- Do you know how to waltz? - Low
- Come Out - Steve Reich
- Quiet Mind - Rafael Toral
- period - Jonathan Coleclough
- Bubaran Hudan Mas - Pura Paku Alaman Jogyakarta
- Plux Quba - Nuno Canavarro
- Drumming: part II - Steve Reich
- Kuvio 3 - Philus
- Aerial - Rhythm and Sound
- root + rivulet - Rehash
- folk song for cello - savath + savalas
- Yulquen - Autechre